New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2012 :  12:33:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
The Planned Parenthood office in Three Rivers will close at the end of this month, Steve Todd, Health Officer of the Branch-Hillsdale-St. Joseph Community Health Agency, said in comments yesterday.

Liberty First. Everything else second.

AH.Free
Active Poster

131 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2012 :  01:23:16 AM  Show Profile
Where will they go? straight to h... baby killers
Go to Top of Page

pepa
Obsessed Poster

1650 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2012 :  1:56:43 PM  Show Profile
Bush and Cheney will be there to great them with open arms.

quote:

"Three Rivers needs an Honest Joe in City hall." Pepa

Go to Top of Page

AH.Free
Active Poster

131 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2012 :  10:55:10 PM  Show Profile
yep along with the rest of the politicians whether they demorats or refriedcans
Go to Top of Page

Shutesie
Active Poster

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  11:45:20 AM  Show Profile
Yes, now those most in need of assistance to have healthy children will have one less place to find help. I realize that actual knowledge is not as important to some as propaganda but providing abortions is only a small part of planned parenthood. The vast majority of assistance provided by the group is health services to poor women and men and there future children.
Go to Top of Page

AH.Free
Active Poster

131 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2012 :  6:55:13 PM  Show Profile
what about the county clinic they could use the abortion money to heal the sick instead of killing
Go to Top of Page

Shutesie
Active Poster

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  3:16:34 PM  Show Profile
Unfortunately, the world we live in isn't perfect. People are not perfect and not everything goes the way we would like it do be. The sad reality is that the cost of an abortion is very small compared to the cost of keeping an unwanted child healthy until it's an adult. That is the cold hard math.

My comment was directed at the fact that abortions are a small - abortion accounted for 3 percent of total services. So because 3% what they do is something you don't like 97% of things they do is to be stopped. Breast cancer screenings, STD/HIV screenings and family planning are now going to be just a little more difficult to come by for the people most in need of those services. I found a statistic that stated that Planned Parenthood helps avert 42,983 unintended pregnancies annually through family planning services. So by closing a local location the conditions are set to potential see an increase in abortions that could have been prevented if those people had easy access to the services provided by Planned Parenthood.
Go to Top of Page

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  8:06:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
quote:
Unfortunately, the world we live in isn't perfect. People are not perfect and not everything goes the way we would like it do be. The sad reality is that the cost of an abortion is very small compared to the cost of keeping an unwanted child healthy until it's an adult. That is the cold hard math.

Sounds a lot like the math that will be used by the "death panels" that we have been assured won't exist.
quote:
My comment was directed at the fact that abortions are a small - abortion accounted for 3 percent of total services. So because 3% what they do is something you don't like 97% of things they do is to be stopped. Breast cancer screenings, STD/HIV screenings and family planning are now going to be just a little more difficult to come by for the people most in need of those services.

If true then it would seem there is a lot of duplication of services out there. I am pretty confident that all the other services you listed can be gotten from the health department now. I am not sure about the Breast Cancer screenings but if that is an issue I would gladly have a portion of my tax money go to help pay for that.
quote:
I found a statistic that stated that Planned Parenthood helps avert 42,983 unintended pregnancies annually through family planning services.

Again I am pretty confident the health department already provides birth control to anybody who walks in the door and asks for it. Why does it have to be all or nothing with Planned Parenthood. If it is only 3% of what they do just give that part up and then the opposition will have nothing to say about it. My guess is that the 3% number is not true and that they cannot survive without the money that comes from abortions. I could be wrong but that is my uneducated guess. So you can take it for what its worth.
quote:
So by closing a local location the conditions are set to potential see an increase in abortions that could have been prevented if those people had easy access to the services provided by Planned Parenthood.

We could also decrease crime and the danger around meth if we made it in a factory and gave it to the people who wanted it. Just because we can do something doesn't necessarily mean that we should do something.

Go to Top of Page

Shutesie
Active Poster

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  1:47:46 PM  Show Profile
First, really death panels, the right to choose is about being to choose what happens to your body and if there was anyone who would not want to see government involved in personal decisions I thought it would be you.

Holy cow, here we have a choice betweeen a private organization and a government run healthcare and you are suggesting that we choose the government run program. I am aware that PP gets 1/3 of it's funding from the government but that still means that 2/3 is coming from non-tax sources. Obamacare has a new defender.

The numbers I have found seem to back up the 3% of services number. That 3% accounts for around 10% of revenue that PP receives. But let's not forget that abortions are a legal health service unlike your drug reference.
Go to Top of Page

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  3:46:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
quote:
First, really death panels, the right to choose is about being to choose what happens to your body and if there was anyone who would not want to see government involved in personal decisions I thought it would be you.

You are right I don't want the government involved in person decisions. However I believe that our form (the American form) of government is supposed to protect life and liberty and when it condones the killing of innocent life for convenience sake it does not fulfill that role.

Now I understand that many won't see it as black and white as I do so from a legal stand point I would like to have a decision made on the earliest stage that a baby can live outside the womb (then there is no argument that whether it is a life or a tissue mass). And when a fetus reaches that point where it is considered, by law, a human an abortion (especially for convenience) would be illegal just as it would to end the life of a child who takes its first breath.
quote:
Holy cow, here we have a choice betweeen a private organization and a government run healthcare and you are suggesting that we choose the government run program.

I am not suggesting any such thing. I am just saying that there are other means for people to get the testing/services that they need. And that the closing of the Planned Parenthood building does not stop people from getting the services you listed.

For the record I don't have an issue with Planned Parenthood outside of my own moral view. In other words I did not wish for them to go away or close. Nor did I or would I take any action against them other then offer my opinions as I have done. As you said they are providing legal service that isn't going to change anytime in the foreseeable future. I would much rather strike at the root of the problem, which in my mind centers mostly around personal responsibility.
quote:
I am aware that PP gets 1/3 of it's funding from the government but that still means that 2/3 is coming from non-tax sources.

Make it 3/3 and they are a non-issue to me.
quote:
Obamacare has a new defender.

Not a defender. At this point I would call myself an observer. I am no longer interested in trying to talk people out of spinning the rope that they will someday hang themselves with. I am past that phase. My focus now is to make sure that I don't get hanged with you all.
quote:
The numbers I have found seem to back up the 3% of services number. That 3% accounts for around 10% of revenue that PP receives.

I would like to see a source for the 3% because I believe that if the number exists on some report or audit somewhere that it is a lot more nuanced then how it appears on the surface.
quote:
But let's not forget that abortions are a legal health service unlike your drug reference.

I didn't forget that. I thought I was illustrating the absurdity of the argument by being absurd. Obviously I missed my mark. My point was the blaming one group of people for the bad decisions of another group of people is not very productive and I was specifically referring to your point that abortions were going to increase because someone made the decision to move or close one source of birth control.

The increase can only be blamed on the people who have unprotected sex without a)thinking about the consequences, b)thinking about the consequences but deciding to leave it to chance anyway or c) ever considering that they could get free (or possibly purchase - shocking thought...I know!) birth control from some other place than Planned Parenthood.

Go to Top of Page

cball
Active Poster

136 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2012 :  10:06:02 AM  Show Profile
Having worked with Planned Parenthood on the other side of the state I can say that, from my observations, they offer a very broad range of services of which only a small part is the birth control/abortion issue. While I respect everyone's personal viewpoints on this issue I guess removing the funding from the county seems to be taking away any discussion on the issue. People need to be well informed as to all options to make decisions that work for them as they are the ones affected. It truly is a personal decision and I will not be a part of forcing a particular viewpoint on anyone just as I would not accepted it being forced on me.
Go to Top of Page

AH.Free
Active Poster

131 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2012 :  11:29:55 PM  Show Profile
you can be sent to jail for killing cats and dogs and not a legalised way of killing a human yeah right furthermore if it bothers so much why not have the abortion with money from the people that don't mind take it from their checks and not from our taxes let our money be used for education and for people that were giving the chance to live
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Liberty 1st Forum © Liberty 1st Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000