New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2011 :  3:27:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
Fabius Township Board offers support for work toward creation of 'recreational authority' in conjunction with 'Pathway Project'

Liberty First. Everything else second.

lovinlife
Active Poster

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2011 :  4:55:44 PM  Show Profile
Yep! One more way to tax us! I don't see the need for all these walk ways because soon none of us will be able to afford to drive and we'll have a walkway: called the road.
Go to Top of Page

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2011 :  11:14:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
Fabius Township Citizens' Coalition supports creation of 'recreational authority' for trails in Three Rivers area.

Go to Top of Page

mist-e
Active Poster

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2011 :  4:18:23 PM  Show Profile
At the last commission meeting 2 commissioners said when a authority is formed that authority can then levy taxes. Do we really need more taxes? If people feel they need to walk we have a football field track and numerous miles of sidewalks. The country folk would have to drive to Meyers Park to use the pathway and city folk would have to go TR Health to use the pathway. I am going to have enough trouble just paying my increased water and sewer bill. I do not even want to think about having to pay taxes in the future for a unneeded golden pathway to Meyer Broadway Park.
Go to Top of Page

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  11:06:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
St. Joseph County Commissioners approve support letter for 'Pathway Project'

Go to Top of Page

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  12:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
The only agenda item for next week's meeting calls for the city and township to consider articles of incorporation for a recreational authority comprised of the two entities.

Sorry about the double post. - Buck

Go to Top of Page

a viking
Active Poster

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2011 :  2:49:06 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Buck

St. Joseph County Commissioners approve support letter for 'Pathway Project'

Needless to say, I am very disappointed with the action of the County Commissioners! dependent on conditions, I don't even like driving by the garbage mound on Broadway.
Perhaps the City Clerk for Three Rivers should spend her time doing what City Clerks do in most Cities, rather than playing Municipal Planner, and with tax consequences?
Go to Top of Page

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  12:44:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
'Recreational authority' approved by Fabius Township Board and Three Rivers City Commission.

Go to Top of Page

lovinlife
Active Poster

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  11:16:59 PM  Show Profile
It was sworn to me that there would not be a millage associated with this authority. And if it ever comes up it has to go to a vote of the people. You all know how that goes.
Buck do you know if anyone has any literature on the hidden costs of this walkway? I'd like to see that.
You know what I see here? Three Rivers is not a city that thinks for itself. It never has orginal ideas. Everything that Three Rivers does has been passed down either through special interest groups or ya, that's pretty much it. Special interests. These trails have everything to do with getting our fat lazy butts out of our gas guzzling oil burning cars and into nonmotorized forms of travel. It's all about green energy, population control and progress. By golly, Kalamazoo has it so we have to have it too. That's about all the more thought that goes into these things. The steering committees are really just there to think of all the good reasons to tell everyone else why they should buy into such ideas.
I've never seen a city where the city manager, city clerk and chamber of commerce president runs the whole show more than in Three Rivers.
Go to Top of Page

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  11:20:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
Fabius Township Board makes appointments to board of new River Country Recreational Authority.

Go to Top of Page

a viking
Active Poster

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  10:38:18 AM  Show Profile

In this rare time between falling snow and growing grass, I have been trying to catch up on the activities of local governments:
On the City Commission agenda on February 7th, is awarding a dock bid at $8,349. A dock for whom?
On a Community Development meeting on February 9th, is a Trails and Pathway Project progress report. Why would any sane person, want to walk out to the area of the City's garbage dump, even an elevated one? Why would the taxpayers want to pay for it?
And, why does the City need a trail/pathway on both sides of the St. Joseph River, with an expensive pedestrian bridge crossing the river several hundred feet upstream from the Broadway vehicular bridge?
Why would the taxpayers want to pay for it, when streets are deplorably overdue for needed maintenance, and the police department was cut back on needed personnel?
What are the City's priorities?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Liberty 1st Forum © Liberty 1st Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000