Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2010 :  12:48:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
quote:
I don't know how to create a new forum topic or to get out some general information.

But I just learned that I&M is offering a special senior rate for residentlal electric service that Im sure Liberty 1st members who are over 65 will want to take advantage of.

Heres the deal. Right now, the standard rate is approximately 8.5 cents per kwh. The senior rate is based on usage. For the first 300 kwh, that cost is only 3.5 cents; i.e., at a difference of 5 cents per kwh, it should reduce a monthly electric bill by $15.00. Further, for usage between 300 and 900 kwh, the senior rate is a little over 7.9 cents (a long fraction), still a small savings. Over 900kwh, the rate reverts to the standard 8.5 cents.

I called them (1-800-311-6424), and the representative stated I would receive a short form in the mail after the first year that I needed to fill out and return (They're apparently getting lots of requests for this option).

Feel free to use this info however you deem appropriate for the site.

- Jim -

I am just passing on this tip from Jim who posted it as a comment on the L1 blog.

Liberty First. Everything else second.

CodeFormat

82 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2011 :  09:34:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit CodeFormat's Homepage
If only I were older...that is great for those who can utilize it though!

www.codeformat.com
www.twitter.com/codeformat
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Liberty 1st Forum © Liberty 1st Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000