Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  5:52:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
quote:
You cannot have it both ways Published: Monday, November 1, 2010 2:19 PM EDT

To the editor:

I would like to respond to Tom Lowrys letter to the editor and I quote:

Mayor Balog gave a speech about all the wonderful things he and the commission did for the city that year. Daryl Griffith, correcting the mayor, graciously pointed out that the lions share of the credit for nearly every item on the mayors list belonged to staff and city employees.

Yes it was a wonderful speech! It is also public record for anyone that would like to read it can. Not once did I say that I did all those wonderful things and that the commission did. As mayor I gave the state of the city address so that the public would know what is going on. Does Tom think that the janitor should have done that? Obviously he does not think that it is the mayors place to. It was also something that he never bothered to do in his 10 years as mayor. I also would like to quote Daryl on one of his post on Liberty 1st on 9-6-07

Is Three Rivers better off now than it was before Toms leadership? The answer is absolutely. Wait a minute!!! I thought that all the credit goes to the city manager. I know that most people are smart enough to realize that you cannot have it both ways. I see my time spent as the mayor as being a team player and I give all dept. heads, employees and the commission credit for our accomplishments. If you should refer back to the state of the city address you will also see that I mentioned on going issues that the city is faced with.

I have purposely stayed out of the race between Griffith and Edgell for a reason and that is not to influence the outcome. I have enough confidence in the people of Three Rivers that they are smart enough to make the right decision and they dont need me to try to influence them. I know who I am casting my vote for and that is all that matters.

Allen Balog

Three Rivers

Source: Three Rivers Commercial News Letter to the Editor

Liberty First. Everything else second.

workingmom

65 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  7:28:36 PM  Show Profile
Mr. Griffith's radio ads are nonsense, he is claiming all kinds of things that obviously are not true. He must think that we are fools. Hundreds of Jobs, where are they? Have you counted all of the empty businesses in town? All of the talk about his being such a good citizen, he sure doesn't mind bending the truth.
Go to Top of Page

pepa
Obsessed Poster

1650 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  08:17:43 AM  Show Profile
Why Daryl you should run for Govenor. You must have a degree in B.S. not a B.S. in engineering.

quote:
"Three Rivers needs an Honest Joe in City Hall." Pepa
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Liberty 1st Forum © Liberty 1st Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000