Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2010 :  12:55:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
Election Viewpoint

After reading Daryl's last viewpoint I did a little checking about Bloomfield Hills. (Bloomfield Hills is an affluent community in the Detroit area) I researched city statistics on two websites. www.BestPlaces.net & www.city-data.com. I suggest everyone with a computer visit these independent websites to see what anyone researching a move to a certain city might see. In the case of Best Places type in Three Rivers, Mi not the zip because the stats are different (the zip includes the lakes and surrounding area). Be certain to click on the crime link on both. Here are just a few examples:

A B.H. home with a $100,000.00 taxable value has a tax bill of $ 3311.62
A T.R. home with a $100,000.00 taxable value has a tax bill of $ 4336.62

I really couldn't tell by his article what his point was but what he has pointed out is that Three Rivers has higher taxes than Bloomfield Hills. The higher the millage rate the higher the tax burden on the individual taxpayer. Bloomfield Hills was an odd city to compare T.R. to. This really isn't funny anymore and I would urge Daryl to contact Judy Nelson at the County Equalization Dept. or talk to the City Assessor to get a better understanding of the taxing process.

Many of the letters supporting Daryl praise him for his Church activities and his qualities as a family man and as a good citizen. These things have never been in question and I'm sure Daryl would make a good neighbor but these things are not the issue. Please visit the above websites for an independent look at what the world sees if they research T.R.. Did Daryl single-handedly cause all of T.Rs ills, of course not. Can Blaine Edgell fix all of the problems, of course not. What is essential though is that problems are recognized and steps taken to correct them. Pretending there are no problems only leads to more problems.

I have lived in T.R. and around T.R. all of my life and I am concerned about the quality of life and the availability of opportunity for its citizens. I have watched and listened to Blaine Edgell for a long time and he does his homework and more importantly is willing and able to stand up in public and ask hard questions. Believe me I know how hard that is and it takes people like Blaine to address problems and then work on solutions. I am a taxpayer advocate and think that taxpayer money is often spent recklessly and from everything I have ever heard Blaine say he is a taxpayer advocate too. I hold all elected officials to the same standards including myself. A lot of people are having a hard time right now and we need leaders that are honest and forthright with the public. Please visit the above websites, look around T.R. and compare T.R. to other cities, decide for yourself and just maybe a fresh approach and a new face is just what T.R. needs.

Mike Dunlap, Past Chr of T.R. Planning Comm., Former DDA board member (twice), Past Brd. member of the T.R. Area Foundation, Past member T.R. Charter Review Committee, 20yr owner/operator of a downtown business, 5 yr Co. Commissioner for T.R.

Posted with permission from Mike Dunlap

Liberty First. Everything else second.

pepa
Obsessed Poster

1650 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2010 :  8:35:49 PM  Show Profile
Well put Mr. Dunlap, facts is what we need not Daryl's fiction. "Look Aunty Joe I just click my Red Ruby slippers and we are in Mayberry. I just clicked them again and TR looks like Bloomfield Hills." said Daryl to Aunty Joe.

In November remember it is time to send Daryl packing. Daryl needs to join Kenny's one man show and call themselves "Just a couple of Swing Richards" for your adult entertainment at the library.

quote:
"Three Rivers needs an Honest Joe in City Hall." Pepa
Go to Top of Page

vblainev
Obsessed Poster

USA
1063 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  11:22:12 AM  Show Profile

I just hope enough people can see through the facade.
To date
Daryl won't admit the serious issues at the waste water plant.
Daryl won't admit the extensive problems at the Airport.
Daryl to my knowledge has never admitted the real and present issues we have with crime.
This is not transparency or accountability.
Daryl also won't admit the simple fact the Three Rivers has the highest taxes in St. Joe county which is a financial burden to many residents.
Now all of these issues have existed on Daryl's watch so how effective has he been dealing with these problems he won't even admit exist.
Go to Top of Page

pepa
Obsessed Poster

1650 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  11:46:44 AM  Show Profile
Blaine, what is going on at the airport? Since it does not stink like the waste plant or taste like chlorine, most of us have not heard about the airport.

quote:
Go to Top of Page

vblainev
Obsessed Poster

USA
1063 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  12:22:26 PM  Show Profile
There are many issues at the Airport.
Two commission meetings ago they briefly touched on the issue but did not go into any detail. The issues are general disrepair due to lack of maintenance which occurred on Jim Rozebooms watch. Mark Glessner is presently and temporally overseeing the Airport but from what I'm told, isn't interested in continuing in the position.
Some issues are runway deterioration. They actually had grass and weeds growing up throw the runway. Garage door issues, and extensive overall general maintenance problems. I have been bring this before the Commission for some time now. Our Mayor Allen Balog has received many complaint from local residents and those housing their planes at the airport.
Now again so no one is taking just my word for it, please take some time and contact someone who uses the airport regularly and get their input, then come back to Liberty 1st and report your findings.
These issues and many like them should be transparent. The Citizens of Three Rivers have the right to know all the facts not just spoon fed calulated and limited information.

Edited by - vblainev on 10/27/2010 12:28:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

pepa
Obsessed Poster

1650 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  3:21:10 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the info. Blaine. Since the airport not something most people in town use. It can be ignored and let to go to waste. No, wonder Joe been adding months to his severance package.

One would think a town like TR as affluent as Bloomfield Hills could afford to take care of the airport. Well, I'll have to mention it to Daryl the next time I see him.

quote:
Go to Top of Page

vblainev
Obsessed Poster

USA
1063 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  3:46:51 PM  Show Profile
You two are best friends, Right?
Go to Top of Page

pepa
Obsessed Poster

1650 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  4:10:40 PM  Show Profile
Why yes Blaine, we've eaten dinner and lunch together many of times. I bet you are green with envy?

He,he,he. Well not at the same table of course, no room for me at the brown table.

quote:
Go to Top of Page

vblainev
Obsessed Poster

USA
1063 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  9:20:09 PM  Show Profile
Ok pepa , Now that I have a little more time I'll continue to unfold some of the serious problems at the airport.

Probably the number one concern is the mowing and snow removal. I've already told you about the weeds and grass growing up through the runway but there have been times where the grass is so high next to the runway that animals can hide in it, thus when a plane comes in for a landing, the animals can run in front of the plane causing serious damage and personal injury.

The snow issues are, lack of snow removal. In this case,the airport is REQUIRED by law to report the current state of the runway so that a pilot can make a decision as to landing or choosing another airport. Many times there has been NO current report. This is huge and puts the City liable if there was an accident.

The hanger door problems have been so severe that a pilot who rents the hanger has refused to pay rent until the doors were fixed. In response to non payment the city or Jim Roseboom has threatened to impound their plane.

From everything I understand, we do not have a licenced airport manager as required by law, again I would think this makes the city liable. Ray Galovich was licenced and was a pilot so he was equipped to manage the airport but Jim Roseboom and Mark Glessner are not unless they have been recently licensed which I highly doubt.
Now these are some of the issues but there are many more. The real problem is WHY DON'T THE CITIZENS OF THREE RIVERS KNOW THIS?

From talking to a former airport board member, much of the information that they sent to the commission never got there and again the commission was not TOTALY informed as to the severity of the problems. So that's my concern, rather than admit we have serious issues at the airport, waste water plant and a crime problem, my opponent seems to blow out the candles rather than bring these issues to light.

Transparency and accountability ! The citizens can not hold the government accountable if they don't know what's going on, if they don't have the full story. Thus our government does not work as our founding fathers designed it. Without transparency there is no accountability.

So if I'm elected I will begin attending the airport board meetings so that I can in turn inform my constituents fully.
Go to Top of Page

pepa
Obsessed Poster

1650 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2010 :  11:11:36 AM  Show Profile
Sad but this has been the way Joe and his buddies operate. There are alot of stories like this one I have heard over the years.

quote:
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Liberty 1st Forum © Liberty 1st Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000