New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  10:54:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
I don't have any predictions to offer but I don't think it is going to be the blow out that many think it will be. The Republicans will probably gain some seats but that is typical for a mid term election so I am not sure that will be a surprise to anyone on this forum.

Liberty First. Everything else second.

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  10:55:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
The one prediction that I will make is this. Regardless of which party wins the mid term health care will move full steam a head and will not be over turned. I also have my doubts about whether they will be many (if any) short term changes to the bill even if the Republicans do win big.

Go to Top of Page

pepa
Obsessed Poster

1650 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  1:13:20 PM  Show Profile
My prediction or wish is that Daryl would be voted out.

quote:
"Three Rivers needs an Honest Joe in City Hall." Pepa
Go to Top of Page

silentTRobserver
Frequent Poster

806 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  09:33:05 AM  Show Profile
Buck's right about the health care issue. The Supreme Court just threw out the class action case brough by states' attorney general's (including Michigan's) saying that the health care bill IS constitutional.....
Go to Top of Page

Shutesie
Active Poster

USA
157 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  03:45:22 AM  Show Profile
The most powerful clause in the constitution that 'Commerce Clause'. It's all that and a bag of chips. What were they thinking?

I am curious to see how some of these Tea Party candidates do in the election. I find it unfortunate that the Republicans have either been subverted by or are subverting this group either way you look at it I think it hurts the idea of the Tea Party movement.

I would like to see us as voters take a more serious look at the other party candidates. The concentration of power into the D's and R's has been the thing that has hurt us the most in the fight to keep government in check. I think if voters took these other party candidates as real contenders instead of just groups that steal the vote from the major candidates - think Florida and the Green Party - we would see better results from government.
Go to Top of Page

tabletop
Frequent Poster

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  01:47:32 AM  Show Profile
What were they thinking? At least in Michigan and no doubt others, was that they jumped on a wagon and filed suit during the primary to draw attention and votes. In the case of Mike Cox in Michigan he lost anyway. He covered the state at the same time announcing other questionable ideas. This was just the biggest (in his mind).
Until the new parties start to check the backgrounds of the nut cases like those who came forward this year I will be sticking with the evil I know.
Go to Top of Page

pepa
Obsessed Poster

1650 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  1:54:37 PM  Show Profile
Has Karl Rove have no Shame.

quote:
"Three Rivers needs an Honest Joe in City Hall." Pepa
Go to Top of Page

cuzimrite
Obsessed Poster

1007 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  6:33:28 PM  Show Profile
What would you expect from a man whose nickname given to him by the idiot he mentored for 8 years???..."turd-blossom"!!!
Go to Top of Page

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  6:58:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
The first two calls, Indiana and Kentucky are for the Republicans (at 7:02).

It looks like it is going to trend that way all night. So far they haven't done much damage to the Senate (at 9:51).

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Liberty 1st Forum © Liberty 1st Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000