Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

takeastand
Frequent Poster

327 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2010 :  8:47:57 PM  Show Profile
Loved the comment made on River Country Journal by Daryl's wife, Chris, regarding the City's dissolution of the Wheelchair Van Service. "...the city staff, commissioners and the city manager have worked cooperatively together to solve a problem." I wouldn't exactly call it a problem. A problem would be the water issue and the waste water/sewer treatment plant. Those are real problems.
Go to Top of Page

tabletop
Frequent Poster

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2010 :  12:01:11 AM  Show Profile
Rowdy beat you to it. Another glowing letter in yesterdays Commercial from the most unreliable source. Also Gary thinks he is okay because Daryl did not have to vote on his dismissal.

Edited by - tabletop on 10/23/2010 12:04:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

pepa
Obsessed Poster

1650 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2010 :  10:48:49 AM  Show Profile
Just what I would want Gary to write me a letter of recommendation. Was it not Gary that was let go from his job due to requiring favors in return for passing of inspections?

Makes you wonder what type of favor Daryl had to give for the letter to the editor. I can just see it now, Gee, Gary I think this makes my butt look fat? Nah, but Daryl you passed inspection and here is your letter to the editor.

quote:
"Three Rivers needs an Honest Joe in City Hall." Pepa

Edited by - pepa on 10/25/2010 11:55:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

tabletop
Frequent Poster

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2010 :  12:46:29 AM  Show Profile
From what I was told the requested favors had nothing to do with passing inspections.
Go to Top of Page

pepa
Obsessed Poster

1650 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2010 :  12:00:55 PM  Show Profile
Than what were the favors for? Example: Hey, can you do me a favor and give me a cigarette. He had the power for pass or failing of inspections. I doubt it was to ask for a cigarette.

quote:

Edited by - pepa on 10/29/2010 12:47:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2010 :  6:50:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
quote:
Vote Griffith for growth and success Published: Thursday, October 28, 2010 2:18 PM EDT

To the editor:

I would like a chance to express my views on why I feel that my husband, Daryl Griffith, is the best candidate to serve on the Three Rivers City Commission.

First and foremost, he's a swell guy. He is as congenial at home and with his family and friends as he is when he participates in the city meetings. His personality makes him easy to get along with, as he has demonstrated time and again with the members of the commission and the city staff.

Secondly, Daryl is smart. My daughter and I were discussing her grades the other day and Daryl's name came up. Amelia asked if her dad is smart and I replied that yes, he is smart, scary smart as the youngsters might say. I really do believe that Daryl is the most intelligent (and logical) person I know which makes him the ideal candidate to sit on the commission.

Finally, Daryl is committed to his hometown. Living here all of his life, Daryl embodies the hometown values and sensibilities that many of us envy. He loves Three Rivers and plans on serving his city for as long as its citizens want him to.

I hope that you will vote for Daryl Griffith for At-Large City Commissioner on Nov. 2 to continue Three Rivers' path of growth and success.

Christina Griffith

Three Rivers

Source: River Country Journal Letter to the Editor

Liberty First. Everything else second.
Go to Top of Page

workingmom

65 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2010 :  5:24:33 PM  Show Profile
Well Lowry and Cochran finally weighed in, I wondered when they would endorse Mr. Griffith. If there was ever a good reason to vote for Blaine Edgell this is it. I think it is funny they can barely squeeze in the claims about reduced crime amongst the crime reports in the paper.
Go to Top of Page

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  5:47:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
quote:
If you love your community, vote Griffith Published: Saturday, October 30, 2010 8:14 AM EDT

To the editor:

I wanted to make sure I let everyone know that I fully support Daryl Griffith for city commissioner. I served with Daryl as a commissioner and have always been impressed with his thorough understanding of the issues. He studies each topic from all angles making sure to listen to other peoples opinions before he makes a decision.

Other Commissioners look to Daryl for guidance because of his experience. He has earned their trust and respect by always being prepared at the meetings. Daryl is someone the citizens of Three Rivers can count on to be ethical and put their concerns first. I cannot say enough good things about him.

Lets all work together to keep Daryl on the City Commission; there truly is no alternative in this election. If you love your community vote for Daryl Griffith this November.

Ken Cochran

Three Rivers

Source: Three Rivers Commercial News Letter to the Editor

Go to Top of Page

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  5:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
quote:
Griffith has pure and simple integrity

Published:
Saturday, October 30, 2010 8:14 AM EDT
To the editor:

I want to urge support for Daryl Griffith in November at the polls. Mr. Griffith has done a very good job as commissioner. His wisdom, experience and integrity really show through in his actions. He listens without judging; he asks all the pertinent questions and makes logical decisions that are fair to all with no hidden agenda. He is not afraid of an unpopular stance if it is the right one. He is not afraid to back the little guy when it is the right thing to do. His sense of right and wrong, fairness and honesty are, unfortunately, rare in politics today.

He is right about the growth we have experienced: the 100 businesses in 10 years and the industrial investment. He is right about the tax issue, that we dont pay as much in taxes as some in the county. He is correct in pointing to our crime statistics dropping in half in just four years. He understands these issues where Blaine Edgell does not. But there is an even higher reason in my mind to support Daryl Griffith. That is, his pure and simple integrity. He and I did not always agree on issues but I could count on him to do his homework and ask questions; and whatever opinion he came up with one knew he held it for the right reason. I can also state that in my 13 years serving this city that Daryl was always the most prepared out of all that I was privileged to work with. He does his homework.

Too many politicians today make decisions based on what will keep them in office and what will put them in the best light in the polls. Last year, Mayor Balog gave a speech about all the wonderful things he and the commission did for the city that year. Daryl Griffith, correcting the mayor, graciously pointed out that the lions share of the credit for nearly every item on the mayors list belonged to staff and city employees. Daryls words: The administration, department heads and city staff are the ones doing all the leg work, the planning, holding the shovels and making all the things we decide upon actually happen. We shouldnt be patting ourselves on the backs; we should be congratulating them. Tell me the last time you heard anything like that from a politician.

Daryl Griffiths actions are so much louder and well spoken than any campaign promise could hope for. Please reply with our own message how important that integrity is to us. Please join me in supporting Daryl Griffith this fall.

Tom Lowry

Three Rivers

Source: Three Rivers Commercial News Letter to the Editor

Go to Top of Page

pepa
Obsessed Poster

1650 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  08:11:32 AM  Show Profile
Today I truley hope we send a message and send Mayberry Daryl packing. I know I will not be voting for him, like I did not vote for Tom Lowry, it is time to go.

quote:

Edited by - pepa on 11/02/2010 08:13:08 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Liberty 1st Forum © Liberty 1st Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000