Page: of 3

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2010 :  5:11:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
quote:
To the editor:

Please support Daryl Griffith this fall for city commissioner. I am very impressed with Commissioner Griffith as few issues go by without him questioning the details, asking for clarification, very tenacious in making good, hard, sound decisions based on taking the time to read word for word each and every document he receives in his commission packet for each meeting. It shows to me he is dedicated to his position as city commissioner and a citizen of Three Rivers wanting the very best for our town. He is genuinely focused on getting the most out of our tax dollars and fighting to maintain or enhance the services this money provides. He asks the right questions and makes fair and decent decisions. He is the one protecting the rights of citizens while fighting to improve the quality of life in Three Rivers. I like the fact that Daryl presents logical arguments and through this process makes thoughtful, well-informed decisions. He has devoted his life to our city and has taken his oath seriously in representing each and every one of us.

Daryl has integrity, intelligence, sensitivity, leadership, devotion and the desire to invest his time and energy to our city.

"He has fostered a business-friendly environment that has brought, retained or improved over 1,000 jobs in Three Rivers." This is critical in order for a city to grow and prosper.

I appreciate the fact that Daryl does not dwell upon negativity and when this occurs he can and does turn negativity around into positive situations for our city.

Therefore, please be sure and vote for Daryl Griffith, you will be glad you did. He is a valuable asset, individual and a man I know we can count on for continuing to keep our city a better place to live in and be proud of. This isn't about a man wanting to be a city commissioner for status, he has rolled up his sleeves, dug in and works extremely hard and puts in long hard hours going over every piece of information in order for him to make the proper decision for us. He is a man of his word and to me that is very important, he is a worker, a man I can trust and count on to represent me at the meetings!

Judith Kay Gilchrist

Born and raised in Three Rivers

Past city commission, two terms

Source: Three Rivers Commercial letter to the editor.

Liberty First. Everything else second.

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2010 :  5:13:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
quote:
To the editor:

This letter is to recommend Daryl Griffith for commissioner-at-large for the city of Three Rivers.

Daryl is very much involved with his church and family. He has dedicated many hours of volunteer service to help those in need. Having worked with Daryl at many of these volunteer functions, I have found him to have a great sense of commitment to performing the task at hand. He is a good listener and most caring person.

These are traits that can only help benefit the community of Three Rivers.

Jim Ruden

Centreville

Go to Top of Page

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2010 :  11:36:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
quote:
Griffith an individual of the highest quality

Published: Saturday, September 25, 2010 8:19 AM EDT

To the editor:

Three Rivers has seen where Daryl Griffith stands on issues for several years. I want to let you know the work Daryl Griffith does that many never see. With a busy family, kids in middle school with all the band and sports activities he still finds time to volunteer service to others. Every week, he volunteers at Immaculate Conception Church taking turns making donuts for the parish. Daryl, his father-in-law and his son are right there at 6 a.m. on a Sunday to make that happen. Every month or so, the Knights of Columbus make a pancake breakfast to raise funds for a variety of charities. Look back there at the griddle, you will find Daryl flipping pancakes. More often than not youll find his son alongside washing dishes. At the I.C. School benefit auction, there is always furniture or other woodworking piece handmade and donated by Daryl Griffith. When the school needed painting, Daryl was there right along with many volunteers. What demonstrates that extra mile is how he and his wife have instilled this same ethic of service to others into their kids as well. For years, both children have been regularly assisting Father Mark and Father Mathew before him, at weekly Mass.

What one might promise during a campaign does not make one a good commissioner. Watch what someone does when the spotlight is off, without any intent of recognition, just for the sake of making someone elses life a little bit better. There is where you will find the quality of an individual and Daryl Griffith ranks among the highest. Help support the effort to keep this gentleman moving our town in the right direction.

James E. DalPonte

Three Rivers

Go to Top of Page

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2010 :  11:39:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
quote:
Griffith knowledgeable, dependable

Published:
Saturday, September 25, 2010 8:19 AM EDT
To the editor:

This letter is to support the election of Daryl Griffith for Three Rivers city commission. Daryl has proven himself to be a very knowledgeable and dependable employee. Daryl has faced every challenge in his role and a product development engineer with a can do attitude, driving quality results, meeting customer requirements. Daryls commitment to his job can be seen as he continues to strive for excellence through each new project. I strongly recommend Daryl as a candidate for city commission because I know he will translate these attributes to meet the demands of citizens and drive towards a better community.

Anne Saad

Kalamazoo

Source: Three Rivers Commercial letter to the editor

Go to Top of Page

workingmom

65 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2010 :  9:23:50 PM  Show Profile
hmmmm, An endorsement from a past Commissioner who forced a primary vote at the expense of the taxpayers only to resign after winning by 1 or 2 votes. Two none voters, only one local, who applaud his church activities and one from Kalamazoo praising his work ethic. Not too much mention about his performance as a Commissioner from the locals. I don't think anyone questions that he is a good citizen. Didn't he want to award a much higher bid to Ken Cochran for a mowing contract?
Go to Top of Page

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2010 :  12:00:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
quote:
Griffith does what's in best interest of TR Published: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 2:18 PM EDT

To the editor:

Regarding the Viewpoint of Daryl Griffith, from a city resident and taxpayer's point of view:

One of the fundamental duties of a County Commissioner is to not get involved in another entity's political business, unless that directly affects the county or he is a city resident. Enough said.

I have known Daryl Griffith for more than 15 years. I had the privilege to sit on the City Commission with Daryl for more than five years. I found him to be professional and do his homework on issues before a meeting. I also believe Daryl does what he feels is in the best interest of the residents of Three Rivers. Daryl looks at the long-term effects of business coming before the Commission before making his decision.

First of all, I hope all voters get out and vote this November. There are many important issues on the ballot. Your vote counts. If you dont vote, dont complain afterwards.

Second of all, I support Daryl Griffith for City Commissioner and ask that you make your vote count and vote for Daryl Griffith.

Kenneth J. Baker

Retired Chief of Police

Past City Commissioner

Three Rivers

Source: Three Rivers Commercial News Letter to the editor

Go to Top of Page

workingmom

65 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2010 :  1:44:11 PM  Show Profile
Hmmmmm again, wasn't there some issue about the City Manager requesting a part-time city employee to withdraw his name for the temporary replacement of an empty commission seat in favor of Mr. Baker?
Go to Top of Page

vblainev
Obsessed Poster

USA
1063 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2010 :  5:25:23 PM  Show Profile
Your right on target Workingmom

Edited by - vblainev on 09/30/2010 5:26:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

pepa
Obsessed Poster

1650 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  01:03:48 AM  Show Profile
So, now you know.

quote:
"Three Rivers needs an Honest Joe in City Hall." Pepa
Go to Top of Page

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  11:25:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
quote:
Griffith's comments unbiased Published: Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:19 PM EDT

To the editor:

Recently County Commissioner Mike Dunlap wrote a letter to the editor concerning Commissioner Griffith's comments about city taxes.

Daryl made a factual tax comparison of local communities. He provided unbiased documentation for his argument. This is what we should expect in a City Commissioner someone who does his research and puts it out for every citizen to see.

Commissioner Dunlap, however, resorts to personal attacks and wild accusations in an attempt to discredit a truly gifted person in Daryl Griffith.

Mike Dunlap has done nothing to help the county or the city of Three Rivers while he has been in office; now he wants to endorse someone just like himself for the City Commission. The city has had enough of people like Mike Dunlap and will be much better off when Mike and people like him are not in public office.

Rowdy Keith

Three Rivers

Source: Three Rivers Commercial News Letter to the editor

Go to Top of Page

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  11:26:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
Extra irony points for engaging in the exact activity he is criticizing Mr. Dunlap for doing. I have to admit, though, I was a little disappointed that he didn't include a "Daryl is rubber Mike is glue" line in there somewhere. Oh well the tone was definitely there.

And what does he mean by People like him?

Go to Top of Page

amazon
Active Poster

146 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  1:51:45 PM  Show Profile
"Mike and people like him" translated: People who don't agree with me.
Go to Top of Page

workingmom

65 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  9:37:27 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by pepa

So, now you know.

quote:

Yes Pepa it would appear that Mr. Baker was "one of the boys" after all. No wonder he was pushed to the front. I remember now the person asked to withdraw was actually a past Mayor who was obviously qualified to fill the temporary seat.
Go to Top of Page

pepa
Obsessed Poster

1650 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  01:26:32 AM  Show Profile
Workingmom refresh my memory, who was the former mayor?

Rowdy, sour grapes and then some.

quote:
Go to Top of Page

tabletop
Frequent Poster

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  03:47:30 AM  Show Profile
So Rowdy has proven he had no idea what was going on when he was a commissioner either. I guess it is hard to grasp being competent to run for office when you disappear for months, finally resign when the "time is right" and get re-appointed by your buddies (what was it, three times?)
Rowdy did not do a service to Daryl with his usual knee jerk reaction. Emphasis on jerk.
Maybe the next letter he writes for Ken Cochran to sign will be better.

Edited by - tabletop on 10/02/2010 03:50:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

vblainev
Obsessed Poster

USA
1063 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  10:32:26 AM  Show Profile
There certainly is a great deal of controversy and erroneous claims flying around this campaign but lets not lose sight of the real issues that all Three Rivers Citizens are dealing with.

1. The forcing of chlorination in our drinking water due to countless violations what will cost the Citizens a great deal of money. Remember the 8 day boil water notice that costs Our hospital approximately 200,000. dollars and local businesses and great deal of money and inconvenience during the Christmas Holiday.
My opponent was on duty during many many of these violations but did little to remedy the problem so today the citizens live with the effect and pay the price.

2. The current state of our waste water treatment plant. The problems are serious and many resulting in river contamination, foam overs and a terrible smell that would keep most people from moving in nose reach of the water plant.
These problem again are costing the citizens of Three Rivers a great deal of money. Lack of maintenance and neglect are to blame. Again these issues were all on my opponents watch.

Section 13.7 of our city charter says, THE COMMISSION shall be responsible for the care, protection,preservation,control,improvement, of the utility plants.

Our drinking water and waste water has and continues to have real problems which effect all Three Rivers Citizens financially and physically!
My opponent has been on duty while these issues occurred ,as a Commissioner directly responsible for these plants, I would ask the Citizens of three Rivers to evaluate his effectiveness?

3. The firing of the Cities Financial Director Wendy Hosteler, an employee of 14 years with an excellent work record who received special recognitions for excellence 12 of the 14 years she served the citizens of Three River.
Again my opponent was very involved in her firing and made comments while sitting in a commission meeting encouraging other Commissioner to fire her, even after two of these Commissioner expressed, they didn't have enough information about Wendy's situation to vote for her firing, yet they went ahead with the vote anyway!
It's all on record, you don't have to take my word for it. Again costing the citizens of Three Rivers a great deal. Attorney fees, the cost of Wendy's court awarded settlement, Her retirement and a great deal of down time while Our City Manager spent time with Our city Attorney and hired Attorneys planning a defence.

4. Crime in OUR City. About Three years back OUR CITY was noted for having the most crime to the lowest number of Officers on duty in the State. This information was just confirmed by Our Police Chief only a week or so ago so again you don't have to take my word for it, just ask OUR Chief Of Police.
At that time, I brought that information to the Commission. My opponent challenged the facts and proceeded to give explanations and excuses for our crime rate.

5.Taxes, to date Three Rivers HAS the highest taxes in St, Joe County. I believe this is a real burden on the backs of many in Three Rivers and a big discouragement to those considering moving into the city and for those considering moving out.
My opponent faultily claims Sturgis and Constantine has the highest taxes. It's simply untrue.

6. The current state of our Airport. Our Airport like our waste water treatment plant has many issues. Maintenance issues and neglect issues what will take a good deal of time to undue.

This city is facing many challenges that concern all residents.
I believe money is more effective in the citizens pockets than in Our city governments pocket and I will do all I can to keep it there!

I believe THE PEOPLE are to direct the Commission as how to govern our city therefore it's imperative that THE PEOPLE are informed as to all the issues. I believe in transparency in government, not governing behind closed doors so I will do all I can to bring all information legally possible to the citizens of Three Rivers so they can direct the Commission who in turn direct the city manager.

If you're satisfied with the chlorination of our drinking water and the cost you will have to carry. If you're satisfied with our waste water plant and the smell effecting the surrounding areas. If your comfortable with paying the highest taxes in St. Joe County then Vote for my opponent but if you believe, WE CAN DO BETTER! If you believe we need accountability at City hall and better oversight of OUR utility plants then I ask for your vote this November!

Thank You for your consideration
Blaine Edgell for Commissioner at Large

Edited by - vblainev on 10/02/2010 11:18:33 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Liberty 1st Forum © Liberty 1st Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000