Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2010 :  5:08:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
quote:
To the editor:

I am absolutely delighted for the opportunity to share my thoughts with you about a man I have come to admire greatly over the years. That man is Blaine Edgell, a candidate for commissioner-at-large for the city of Three Rivers.

I became acquainted with him when we worked tirelessly (along with other wonderful Park Board members and city employees) to make Scidmore Park Petting Zoo something the city could be exceedingly proud of. My admiration for him grew by leaps and bounds as I observed his work ethic firsthand. I could expound on this subject endlessly but that's not my purpose for writing.

I will tell you truthfully, I have rarely in my lifetime met someone with the integrity, fairmindedness, non-ending energy and enthusiasm that Blaine possesses. He "genuinely" cares that all people are treated fairly and respectfully no matter what their station in life, and unlike many in politics, his word means something! What an awesome quality to possess when representing our city.

Have no doubt Blaine will ask the tough questions that need to be asked, caring enough to listen to you and me, working together with the other commissioners, and guiding us in our journey through these tough economic times.

I hope you will give him your vote of confidence in the November election, and I know he will not disappoint you.

Bette Gave

Three Rivers

Source: Three Rivers Commercial letter to the editor.

Liberty First. Everything else second.

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  11:30:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
Everyone who is inclined to support Blaine (or oppose Daryl) in the upcoming election should consider adding a Letter to the Editor (soon) because the "birds of a feather" group is on message and the public needs to hear more then their business as usual mantra.

Go to Top of Page

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2010 :  12:36:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
quote:
Edgell cheerful, thoughtful, caring Published: Thursday, October 14, 2010 2:11 PM EDT

To the editor:

I am writing to ask the Three Rivers voters to vote for Blaine Edgell, who is running for commissioner at large. I have known Blaine for about five years. We became acquainted at Riverside Church. Blaine was very involved in giving a helping hand wherever a need arose. He was always cheerful and thoughtful. Everyone he encountered felt as though he cared enough to make a difference in their lives.

The next time I met Blaine he was in charge of the zoo at Scidmore Park. He truly expanded the program there and loved his work.

Please give Blaine a chance to help Three Rivers become an even better place to live.

Phyllis Jones

Three Rivers

Source: Three Rivers Commercial Letter to the Editor

Go to Top of Page

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2010 :  12:37:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
quote:
Edgell informed of all the facts Published: Thursday, October 14, 2010 2:11 PM EDT

To the editor:

True or false, to maintain my political sanity I like to consider and believe that our Three Rivers elected officials have the publics best interest at heart. I want to believe they have accomplished being elected because they are ready and determined to take on the responsibilities of their respective offices. Not knowing all the case facts of each and every decision our commissioners have made, I cant be critical of their vote. I do have opinions whereby I agree and disagree with some of the outcomes that are determined to be in the best interest of the citizens.

Having said all this, I would like to thank all the commissioners and the mayor for their dedication and their many hours of serving our community. I want to establish that I have no particular dislikes with our current commission or commissioners.

After reading the article by Blaine Edgell in the Viewpoint of the Three Rivers Commercial-News Wednesday, Oct. 6, I would urge the citizens of Three Rivers to vote for Blaine Edgell and give him an opportunity, as a commissioner, to improve the City of Three Rivers. Blaine has been very active in the events of our community for several years and I find he is always very informed of all the facts. He does his homework ...

Tom Molter

Three Rivers

Source: Three Rivers Commercial Letter to the Editor

Go to Top of Page

vblainev
Obsessed Poster

USA
1063 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2010 :  5:00:45 PM  Show Profile
Thank You for the letters, I really appreciate it
Go to Top of Page