Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brat65
Active Poster

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  08:11:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Brat65's Homepage
quote:
September 22, 2010 by WLKM

Three Rivers City Manager Joe Bippus was granted an additional week of vacation and an additional four months of severance pay following action Tuesday by the Three Rivers City Commission.

Mayor Al Balog said Bippus now has five weeks of vacation and nine months of severance, which would be paid out only under specific situations, Balog said. The action follows a positive annual review Bippus received last month.

Balog said the additional vacation and severance pay were granted unanimously. Balog said the concessions, in a way, wont cost the city any money. Bippus, 44, has declined an annual raise and not accepted cost-of-living increases for at least a few years, Balog said. Bippus salary is $90,000 a year.

Bippus, a Three Rivers native who has served as Three Rivers city manager for more than 10 years, recently turned down a job offer to serve as Jacksons city manager.

pepa
Obsessed Poster

1650 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  11:02:34 AM  Show Profile
Maybe he is making plans if Blaine wins the election? He see the writting on the walls.

quote:
"Three Rivers needs an Honest Joe in City Hall." Pepa
Go to Top of Page

huntandfish70

12 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  2:55:04 PM  Show Profile
Another outstanding display of writing ability and grammar on the part of Pepa...thank you Pepa for your intuitive thought and laughable attempt at sarcasm.
Go to Top of Page

vblainev
Obsessed Poster

USA
1063 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  8:53:06 PM  Show Profile
Pepa is about as good at it as it comes. His comments are always appreciated even though we don't always agree. I always appreciate his witt.

Now as for your comment Huntandfish70, I know how to not spend money and I know that the citizens personal finances are more valuable in their pockets than in the governments pockets. I know how to read a millage and I know that Three Rivers has the highest taxes in St. Joe County even though Mr. Griffith attempted to spin it other wise.
I believe the City Commission is suppose to be directed by it's citizens therefore transparency is a must. The Citizens need to know all that's going on at City Hall so they can effectively direct the Commission who in turn direct their employee called City Manager. As stated in Our City Charter, the City Manager is to do the will of the Commission, by the direction of the Commission and at the pleasure of the Commission.
My concern and focus has and will always be for the good of Three Rivers and it's Citizens. I am committed to lower taxes and will NOT vote for any tax increase because it's to high already!!
Go to Top of Page

workingmom

65 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  10:06:58 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Brat65

quote:
September 22, 2010 by WLKM

Three Rivers City Manager Joe Bippus was granted an additional week of vacation and an additional four months of severance pay following action Tuesday by the Three Rivers City Commission.

Mayor Al Balog said Bippus now has five weeks of vacation and nine months of severance, which would be paid out only under specific situations, Balog said. The action follows a positive annual review Bippus received last month.

Balog said the additional vacation and severance pay were granted unanimously. Balog said the concessions, in a way, wont cost the city any money. Bippus, 44, has declined an annual raise and not accepted cost-of-living increases for at least a few years, Balog said. Bippus salary is $90,000 a year.

Bippus, a Three Rivers native who has served as Three Rivers city manager for more than 10 years, recently turned down a job offer to serve as Jacksons city manager.

I thought with the replacement of Rowdy and Ken we would see a change in direction of the commission. It looks very much the same as before.
Go to Top of Page

vblainev
Obsessed Poster

USA
1063 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2010 :  06:19:52 AM  Show Profile
It was a concern of mine and I stated that at the meeting. My issues were these. The Zoo employees hours were cut so now Clarissa will have to maintain all the animals and her park duties with barely the staff to get the job done. DPS has a tough time maintaining the park with the labor hours their allotted. The Police Department only has two officers patrolling the city and does not have the staff to adequately patrol the park thus all the vandalism issues at the park and if you remember some months back some city employees hours were cut from 37hrs. per week to 27 so giving more to the top while those at the bottom receive less doesn't seem right or very effective.

Edited by - vblainev on 09/23/2010 07:09:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2010 :  5:27:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
$90,000 per year. Is that a misprint? That is a little under 3 times that median income for this area.

Wow!

Liberty First. Everything else second.
Go to Top of Page

amazon
Active Poster

146 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2010 :  06:58:16 AM  Show Profile
'Tis true--administrators of school and city, et al. earn WAY more than most of us. Don't understand it, don't agree with it, think it's obscene. But there you go.
Go to Top of Page

pepa
Obsessed Poster

1650 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2010 :  11:31:02 AM  Show Profile
No wonder we pay such high taxes.

quote:
"Three Rivers needs an Honest Joe in City Hall." Pepa
Go to Top of Page

takeastand
Frequent Poster

327 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2010 :  4:09:25 PM  Show Profile
Pepe ~ not according to Darryl Griffith.
Go to Top of Page

vblainev
Obsessed Poster

USA
1063 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2010 :  6:11:08 PM  Show Profile
There will be a rebuttal in tomorrows or Mondays TR Commercial. It will make it very clear, Three Rivers has the highest taxes in St. Joe county. It would be interesting if Buck would have Daryl's letter then The rebuttal. I think it would make for interesting conversation.
Go to Top of Page

AH.Free
Active Poster

131 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2010 :  11:35:30 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Buck we need to all get together and remember Nov is coming we have the right to vote.AL
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Liberty 1st Forum © Liberty 1st Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000