New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cball
Active Poster

136 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  4:53:40 PM  Show Profile
from River Country Journal http://www.rivercountryjournal.com/?p=36866

Sure would be nice if everybody was aware of the special meeting yesterday because I never saw anything about it. Not sure why the commission would want to make a decision like this without having more than 4 voting members present. That begs the question - where were Commissioners Stark, Foster and McNary?

Edited by - cball on 08/25/2010 4:55:35 PM

mist-e
Active Poster

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  5:06:18 PM  Show Profile
I would have liked to see them purchase the machine that removes the rust from the water. The city has always had a rust problem with one or two wells and now the chlorine is adding to the problem removing built up rust from the lines. What it would have cost for that piece of equipment could not have broken the city budget.
Go to Top of Page

CAT324

6 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  6:41:02 PM  Show Profile
how is the chlorine adding to the problem???? you get rust because oxygen mixing with air.....hows there was a special meeting??? why didnt they vote on this last week at the commission meeting???
Go to Top of Page

mist-e
Active Poster

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  7:00:50 PM  Show Profile
This Is what I was told months ago at a special meeting from one of the people who the city hired to give them the options that the commissioners just voted on. That the chlorine will remove the rust in the pipes for apx. 18 months. Chlorine can react to the old iron water pipes in homes and to some PVC pipes. This was mentioned at the meeting with the State Officials at the library. So why wouldn't chlorine remove the years of rust in the lines? Some people are complaining of more rusty water since the chlorine has been added. I just get tired of buying and changing my filters.

Edited by - mist-e on 08/25/2010 7:02:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

CAT324

6 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  7:26:03 PM  Show Profile
from what i know by putting is water mains and hydrants...chlorine is used for killing bacteria in the pipes...by the time chlorine reaches the homes and some of the lines it would be diluted..
Go to Top of Page

vblainev
Obsessed Poster

USA
1063 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2010 :  9:29:26 PM  Show Profile
I think they made the right decision! We have to chlorinate by State mandate so the lest expensive way that will still do the job is the way to go in my book. The 1.30 is small enough it's not burdensome.
I wish we didn't have to chlorinate at all but the numerous violations removed that option.
My frustration is, will WE and the Commission remember what got us in this position in the first place and actually hold those responsible ACCOUNTABLE ?????
Go to Top of Page

pepa
Obsessed Poster

1650 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2010 :  06:44:47 AM  Show Profile
Unfortunately Jackson tried to hire the main SOB behind the whole thing. He just could not get them to buy him a new Durango and extra weeks of vacations like Three Rivers does.

If he needed to fire someone like Wendy in a hurry that commission could not guarantee him protection from a lawsuit.

quote:
"Three Rivers needs an Honest Joe in City Hall." Pepa
Go to Top of Page

Buck
Forum Admin

USA
6602 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2010 :  5:20:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Buck's Homepage
The Three Rivers City Commission has reiterated the position it took during a special meeting on August 24th regarding water system improvements the City of Three Rivers will implement with help from Michigan's Drinking Water Revolving Fund (DWRF).

Liberty First. Everything else second.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Liberty 1st Forum © Liberty 1st Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000