Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Brat65
Active Poster

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  07:51:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Brat65's Homepage
Anyone have any influence in Jackson? Need to tell them how great of a pick this would be, for us!

http://www.rivercountryjournal.com/?p=31659

pepa
Obsessed Poster

1650 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  10:50:50 AM  Show Profile
Would this mean Mayberry Daryl, Lowery, and the others would move to Jackson too?

quote:
"Three Rivers needs an Honest Joe in City Hall." Pepa
Go to Top of Page

silentTRobserver
Frequent Poster

806 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  12:08:47 PM  Show Profile
Do you think he feels unwelcome in TR now?
Go to Top of Page

pepa
Obsessed Poster

1650 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  1:44:44 PM  Show Profile
I wonder why?

quote:
"Three Rivers needs an Honest Joe in City Hall." Pepa
Go to Top of Page

silentTRobserver
Frequent Poster

806 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2010 :  09:53:37 AM  Show Profile
I loved the newspaper headline in which Joe said that he was approached by a head hunter for the position - come on 'fess up, which one of you is the head hunter? AND brilliant idea by the way.
Go to Top of Page

tabletop
Frequent Poster

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2010 :  6:38:45 PM  Show Profile
Perhaps Joe could spend a minute and tell his father that campaign signs are not allowed on the terrace in the city. West Broadway near Douglas. Probably others but see that one every day.
Go to Top of Page

silentTRobserver
Frequent Poster

806 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2010 :  10:55:12 AM  Show Profile
Even if he does tell him, it will probably be accompanied by a wink showing that it won't be enforced with regard to his signs!
Go to Top of Page

tabletop
Frequent Poster

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  7:01:49 PM  Show Profile
Well someone that supports the Bippus family reads this forum. The sign was moved onto the lawn next to the fence quickly. I would stop the red pickup truck with all the Bippus signs to thank Jim, but I was not sure he was the one driving due to the extreme illegal window tint that you or I would receive a ticket for. Hope he can see out because you can't see in. Of course no officer is going to risk being the next Wendy H. for doing the right thing. Alas another politition that does not think laws apply to him.
Go to Top of Page

silentTRobserver
Frequent Poster

806 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2010 :  6:40:22 PM  Show Profile
Alas, it is not just politicians that don't think the law applies to them - there's a certain drinking establishment in White Pigeon where local cops congregated and stagger out to their cars afterwards to drive home, secure in the knowledge that their fellow cops will allow them to disregard a particular drink and drive law....as a professional courtesy.

Go to Top of Page

Brat65
Active Poster

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2010 :  8:11:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Brat65's Homepage
Not all the signs have been moved. Currently one on Mechanic street on the north side. So since these signs are illegally placed to we as law abiding citizens have the right to remove them as long as we return them to their owner? I mean after all we are just trying to prevent someone from getting into trouble with the law.
Go to Top of Page

silentTRobserver
Frequent Poster

806 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2010 :  10:21:18 AM  Show Profile
NO, be careful with that one - it is illegal to remove a political sign without the permission of the person who placed it. See countless advisories in past years from the St. Joseph County Sheriff's department.
Go to Top of Page

Brat65
Active Poster

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2010 :  10:34:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Brat65's Homepage
So you can get in more trouble for removing a sign than the person who breaks the law by placing the sign illegally. Gotta luv it!!
Go to Top of Page

Rumor Runner
Frequent Poster

USA
266 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2010 :  4:50:37 PM  Show Profile
Dennis Allen made that a HUGE deal a few years ago because he kept putting signs in people's yards w/o permission. If something is put in MY yard without MY permission....it's coming down. Period.

The RUMOR RUNNER attempts to verify and chase down a variety of rumors in and around St. Joseph County.
Go to Top of Page

silentTRobserver
Frequent Poster

806 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  11:34:31 AM  Show Profile
Funnily enough Dennis wasn't too concerned with political signs being removed until it came to his...I agree with Rumor Runner incidentally.
Go to Top of Page

Brat65
Active Poster

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  1:07:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Brat65's Homepage
Actually I am finding them all over town that are places about a foot from the side of the road. I sure those darn troublesome youths don't come along and take them....wink wink!
Go to Top of Page

a viking
Active Poster

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  1:37:09 PM  Show Profile

Isn't it the responsibility of the City Clerk to enforce all election laws and campaigning regulations, in Three Rivers?
The County Clerk thinks it is.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Liberty 1st Forum © Liberty 1st Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000