Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

cball
Active Poster

136 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  1:03:00 PM  Show Profile
Buck - I agree and take blame as well. We all should have been out beating the bushes for Blaine. The next big test will be to make sure that Tom Lowry does not make a return with the exit of Mayor Balog.
Go to Top of Page

vblainev
Obsessed Poster

USA
1063 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  1:14:23 PM  Show Profile
Thanks to everyone who voted for me, I really appreciate it. I greatly appreciate all the support. We did have almost 500 people who agreed with us so I hope those citizens are considered when City Hall moves forward.
Buck we can second guess this to death but we did what we felt needed to be done so I have no regrets. In some ways it's a relief because I certainly have enough on my plate.
Don't get me wrong, I never like losing but if this is what the people want?
I'll have more to say tonight but I don't have the time right now to talk about it.
Thanks again everyone !!!
Go to Top of Page

vblainev
Obsessed Poster

USA
1063 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  9:52:43 PM  Show Profile
472 votes agreed with us and that's nothing to sneeze at. Maybe it's time to build momentum on that.
If I could have spent more time campaigning rather than working countless hours, things could have been different.
If I could or would have raised more money to compete with the radio adds and such, things might have been different.
If I would have gone after Daryl's wild claims of job creations or his claims of making Three Rivers a destination on the map, things might have been different BUT that's water under the bridge and what is, is and we go forward from here.

472 votes were for transparency and accountability at City Hall. Maybe George Ramsey and Wendy Shank will take note of that?
Maybe now they will look with more discerning eyes at Our City. Wendy says she took a tour of the City and was impressed with what she saw BUT did she miss the numerous picnic tables at Scidmore Park with boards missing and screws sticking up through the seats or the gazebo that is seriously leaning. Did she look at the Zoo and see the dirt and clutter or the Bobcats enclosure with feces all around. Did she consider why and how the waste water plant fell into serious disrepair? Has she read passed airport board minute and discovered we are in violation of the Law by not having a certified licenced Airport Manager or the fact that our runway and buildings are also in serious disrepair? Have they looked into the fact that we often fail to report our daily current state of our runway as required by law?

472 Citizens of Three Rivers showed they want something different!
Are these Commissioners taking this election results as a wake up call rather than business as usual.

Will 472 votes for Blaine Edgell encourage others to fight for a better Three Rivers? Or will we settle back in our lazy chairs and watch Tom Lowry and the good old boys waltz back into City Hall.

The wheels are in motion. Cball is right. The return is inevitable UNLESS we do something about it.

Edited by - vblainev on 11/03/2010 10:01:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

pepa
Obsessed Poster

1650 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  3:31:53 PM  Show Profile
Well, Blaine thanks for running and I hope you will try again in the future. Two years is a blink of the eye. I think you would have done a great job. At least you had them scared enough that I am sure Tom Meyer and others donated lots of monies for Daryl's re-election.

For now Bippuss can still run unchecked in the hen house and then some once the Mayor is gone he'll really run wild. I believe that God always has other plans and Bippuss will get his hand caught in the cookie jar eventually.

quote:
"Three Rivers needs an Honest Joe in City Hall." Pepa

Edited by - pepa on 11/06/2010 3:32:32 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Liberty 1st Forum © Liberty 1st Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000