Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

tabletop
Frequent Poster

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2010 :  12:43:17 AM  Show Profile
Let's be serious here. South Bend and Kalamazoo(even Grand Rapids) have all begged for these stores and have been told over and over population and demographics (income levels) will not support them. Do you really think they would consider Three Rivers. I too wish the best of luck in filling those stores but let's have some reasonable goals.
Go to Top of Page

pepa
Obsessed Poster

1650 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2010 :  02:03:31 AM  Show Profile
Hey what's in it for Bippuss, he'll need a piece of the action.

quote:
"Three Rivers needs an Honest Joe in City Hall." Pepa
Go to Top of Page

CodeFormat

82 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2010 :  09:51:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit CodeFormat's Homepage
Yay for the Meyer family! lol

But I agree - Trader Joe's would be wonderful!

www.codeformat.com
www.twitter.com/codeformat
Go to Top of Page

a viking
Active Poster

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2010 :  10:46:27 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by workingmom

This is proof on the ground about the condition of T.R.. When a piece of property that should sell in the millions is sold for $170,000 there are fundamental problems with the city. Millions of dollars have been spent downtown to spruce it up but there are about the same number of empty buildings as before all of the money was spent. Every new strip mall in and around town also has lots of vacant space in them. The real problem is and always has been the income level in T.R.. It doesn't matter how nice a business looks if you don't have any extra money to spend.

Go to Top of Page

a viking
Active Poster

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2010 :  11:05:24 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by workingmom

This is proof on the ground about the condition of T.R.. When a piece of property that should sell in the millions is sold for $170,000 there are fundamental problems with the city. Millions of dollars have been spent downtown to spruce it up but there are about the same number of empty buildings as before all of the money was spent. Every new strip mall in and around town also has lots of vacant space in them. The real problem is and always has been the income level in T.R.. It doesn't matter how nice a business looks if you don't have any extra money to spend.

An astute observation, workingmom. Sad for the City, but valid.
Isn't the sum paid for this auctioned ten acres about what has been, or is to be paid, for the narrow pedestrian passageway to permit connecting the City's east parking lot to the Main Street?
(the latter, a logical engineering/planning approach?).
I see many vacant buildings, or stores with window displays but no viable business enterprise behind them.
It is currently stated that 100 new businesses have come into Three Rivers in the past eight years. I ask the authors of these article to itemize by name and address, each of the businesses; and give credit (deduct) for each business that has left town, or simply relocated in town. Is this asking too much for these claimants?

Go to Top of Page

pepa
Obsessed Poster

1650 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2010 :  10:58:37 AM  Show Profile
My vote is for Whole Foods. I still miss Village Market and D & W.

quote:
Go to Top of Page

hear me now

15 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2010 :  3:50:06 PM  Show Profile
Trader Joe Trader Joe!! I love Trader Joe's. Right now to get my Joe fix I have to have friends bring things in from Ann Arbor. Sure would be nice to have one here.
Go to Top of Page

CodeFormat

82 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  09:27:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit CodeFormat's Homepage
Hear Me Now,

We were going there once a month to get items! I love it!

www.codeformat.com
www.twitter.com/codeformat
Go to Top of Page

cball
Active Poster

136 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2010 :  12:08:34 PM  Show Profile
Just sitting here scratching my head. I understand that this property doesn't have much buyer appeal and, realistically, is not worth anything in todays market approaching a million dollar price tag. I can't disagree with the sale price as anyone out there had the opportunity to overbid Mr. Meyer. What I do not understand is how this property is worth $170k but the DDA bought a 100 x 200 vacant lot from Mr. Meyer for $190k. He asserts that he has over $265k into the property (that he paid $26k for BTW). Well, I can appreciate that but there are a lot of us that have money invested in our homes that will never see that money returned. I find nothing of record that says the DDA or the City ever determined a "fair market value" for this lot. Once again a ton of our tax money flushed down the drain. Maybe that's the reason for the smell coming from the Clean Water plant. This deal has finally made it's way to be treated. Thanks, Daryl - I note that you voted for this as well. Probably one of the few times I have sided with Kenny (who voted no on this).

Edited by - cball on 10/29/2010 12:09:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

pepa
Obsessed Poster

1650 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2010 :  01:29:36 AM  Show Profile
Well, no wonder Tom Meyer supports Daryl. We the citizens of TR have paid a large portion of the bill for Tom's new acquisition.

Thanks for scratching your head Cball.

quote:
Go to Top of Page

AH.Free
Active Poster

131 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  4:19:24 PM  Show Profile
Meijer , Wal Mart lets face Village Market had ran it's course lets get people to work we need it.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Liberty 1st Forum © Liberty 1st Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000